Hire a NYC Caricature Artist for Special Events & Parties
With decades of caricature experience, my name is well-known among the top New York City metropolitan area party and special events artists. Thanks to a creative and professional style that’s entertaining, reliable, flattering, and fun, I’ve worked for a “Who’s Who” of corporate clients, myriad private customers, dozens of public and educational institutions and many smaller businesses on every imaginable type of function, event or special project.
To view my slide show of private party caricature entertainment and custom caricature projects, click below:
What Party & Event Clients Are Saying
- Joe Vissichelli is a true professional. On time, ready-to-go. Kids and adults related well to him and appreciated how he incorporated hobbies, special interests and careers into his portraits.A. Cunningham, Bar Mitzvah Mom - Brooklyn, NY
We will spread the word. People are looking for frames to preserve your work. Thank you, Joe! You were a sensation! You really made a difference!A. Cunningham, Bar Mitzvah Mom - Brooklyn, NY
All of the kids loved their unique pictures and they each got to take home a memorable keepsake. We especially love the sports caricatures! Thanks, Joe for making my kids' party even better!J. Heuer, Communion/Confirmation Mom - Suffolk County, NY
This unique artist is not mean the way so many caricature artists are today. His portraits bring out everybody's best! And there's a sweetness intertwined that everyone at our party liked.A. Cunningham, Bar Mitzvah Mom - Brooklyn, NY
- I just want to thank you for the wonderful service you provided. Everyone had very high praises for you. We will treasure your drawing of our daughter.J. Mathew, 1st Birthday Dad - Nassau County
- Joe was very flexible in working with all age groups: babies with their parents, kids by themselves, two or more kids together, etc. We were very pleased.A. Boutsakakis - Birthday Dad - Queens, NY
- The caricatures are pleasant, unlike ones that make fun of people. Even kids who were apprehensive at first saw that the experience was fun, and eventually sat down.A. Boutsakakis, The Happy Dad - Queens, NY
- Thank you for doing such a great job at our house. You truly made our party an incredible success. The kids loved you.D. Padyk, Confirmation Mom - Nassau County, NY
- Thank you so much for your patience and wonderful drawings. Everyone is so excited.L. Malafronte, Communion Mom - Brooklyn, NY
- I want to thank you again for the great job you did … All the guests enjoyed having their caricatures done. You were very professional and we were very happy with your work.I. Schroeder, Bar Mitzvah Mom - Nassau County, NY
- Thanks Joe, I'm sure you will get some calls for future bookings. Everyone was impressed by your work. You did a great job.A. Esposito, Communion Mom - Nassau County, NY
- You worked so hard and were so professional. Thank you again, you are truly great at what you do, and also you're such a nice person it was a pleasure.D. Padyk - Confirmation Mom - Nassau County, NY
Frequently Asked Questions
I add novelty, fun and fascinating entertainment to your event with drawing after drawing of your guests Each of these cartoon keepsakes are a very personal reminder of your party and they’re all drawn flatteringly, with speed, creativity and good-natured humor.
Anyone and everyone can be drawn, from days and weeks old to many, many years of age. This is generally determined by you, your budget and the amount of time your party allows.
Depending on the speed needed, in color or black-and-white and in full-body (usually based on one’s theme) or heads-only mode. In crowds of both adults and kids the body-or-head decision can be left to the subjects with equal satisfaction. Or you can decide ahead of time on the best and most efficient mode for your needs.
These numbers can never be guaranteed due to uncontrollable factors, but use them as a rough guide per hour:
Color: Full bodies, up to 10; Heads only, up to 15. Black & White: Full bodies, up to 13; Heads only, up to 20.
Additional artists, if needed, can be supplied for your event.
The line is drawn in marker on heavy 110-lb. paper. Rubbed-in chalk and color pencil is used when adding color.
11″ x 14″ is standard, but others may be available on request. Plastic bags are supplied for protection.
Prices depend heavily on location and somewhat on other factors. Hourly rates may vary and minimums will range from 2-4 hours. Travel charges may also apply for some areas. Email as many details as possible (type of event, date, time, place, total guests) to Joe for a price quote.
I need a small table (card table size is ideal) and two armless chairs in order to work. Shade and shelter would be appreciated for outdoor events.
Types of Private Caricature Events & Parties
Through the years I have perfected my skills, merging my creative talents – “quicksketch” caricature artist, entertainer, improvisational comic – with my professionalism and crowd management skills to please my many clients. They keep calling, so I must be doing something right. I’ve worked on just about every type of event or project, from viral video events and huge, multi-day corporate extravaganzas to kids’ parties, custom digital caricature portraits and traditional caricature illustrations with everything in between, including:
Bar & Bat Mitzvahs
Caricature Sign-In Boards
Family Caricature Portraits
Send-off Gifts & More
Caricature Artist Pricing for Private Events & Parties
Party caricature prices start at $350, depending heavily on location and additionally on other factors. Hourly rates may vary and minimum durations can range from 2-4 hours. Travel charges could apply for some areas. Email as many of the important details (event type, date, time, place, total guests [kids/adults]) to me as you can for an accurate quote.
Why Hire Me for Your Parties & Events?
It’s fascinating! Watching caricature artist skills in action is cool! Guests love seeing faces, bodies and fun stuff unfold before their eyes.
Your event lives on! People never forget being caricatured: "I still have a drawing from 'So-and-So's' whatever." You can be "So-and-So" and your event can be "whatever!"
It’s different! I hear it all the time – guests keep saying to their hosts, “Caricatures are such a great idea!” And I have to agree. It is!
I’m creative! Surprises make it fun for all – you, your guests and me – so I improvise to please the kids, the adults and the overgrown kids.
I’m flexible! Worried that little kids won't sit well? Want groups drawn as well as singles? How ever you need it drawn, I get it done.
Spontaneity! Out of the mind of this caricature artist comes some of the coolest things. And also some of the "fun-est" and most rewarding!
A forever favor! Caricatures are highly personal and your guests will save them forever. About what other favor can you say that?
I nail the likeness! No caricature artist aces every drawing, but I'm very good at what I do. And my customers will certainly agree!
My drawings are fun! There’s wit in them thar lines! Humor is a natural part of who I am, my caricature work and my working method too. Some people may even call it "personality!"
How to Hire Me for Your Party or Event
There are three easy ways to make arrangements:
1. Call me today at 516-593-4844
2. Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know your anticipated event or party date, time and location, please provide the information. If you don’t know and need help, I am here to help you.
Let’s get started today!